Here are our top tips when visiting Dawlish Warren, whether it is for the day or you are staying in one of the local holiday parks.
1. Take a walk along the beach, you have exceptional views across to Exmouth, you'll also see the prominent Red Rock which shows off the natural beauty of Devon's coast line.
2. Grab your swimming gear, a bucket and spade and head for the glorious golden beach.
3. If you are looking for some alternative amusements the 2p machines in the arcade are sure to keep you entertained, while the fun fair has go karting, crazy golf, a small roller coaster and many more great rides for all the family.
4. Come along and visit The Welcome Inn for some delicious freshly cooked lunch or dinner.
5. Just down the coast is the fishing town of Teignmouth were a visit to the harbour wall is a must. On warm summer evenings all the town appear to be enjoying the view and the bars. Many bring picnics, treat themselves to some fish and chips or simply soak up the atmosphere with a cool drink.
6. If you'd like to venture a little further afield there are great attractions such as Pennywell Farm and Crealy Adventure Park. You could also visit Exeter, only half an hour away, Plymouth, Torquay and Dartmoor.